2) Many new directories are free This speaks for itself. We all want to save money when advertising and free web directories are the answer. Free directories are a great place to showcase your site to potential clients. Directories are an abundant force in the internet and can give your website that extra boost of advertising that is needed to reach valuable clients.
3) All relevant links are valuable in SEO Links have and continue to be a dominant force in the search engines algorithms. Directories offer a page on a website that is completely devoted and related to your sites content. This makes the link a relevant link. Sites with many relevant links often achieve higher rankings than sites with fewer links. This has been and continues to be true today.
4) Many directories do not require a link back Many new directories do not require a back link which is a great thing for building up web presence and search engine rankings. As of recently Google and the other major search engines have edited their algorithms as to not place as much emphasis on reciprocal links. Reciprocal links are two way links in which both sites have a link to one another. This is not as valuable as a one way link, where one site places a link to another site.
5) New directories are not cluttered with links Directories can become full with hundreds of sites advertising on a single page. This lowers your sites visibility along with credibility obtained by having your site link on the page. Since new directories do not have many web links it is easier to view your sites advertisement. It is easier to find a site on top of a directory, rather than school through hundreds of links on the same page.
6) Potential clients can find your site through directories Directories are a great place to let potential customers find your site and ultimately make a purchase. Directories list your site offering more web visibility and more ways to reach your target audience. The more advertising your site has the better off it will do in the World Wide Web.
7) Web directories are highly useful resources for SEO When optimizing websites it is important to have as many back links as possible and directories offer this to sites. Every directory listing is seen as a back link to your website, so the more directories you are listed in the better off you are. Directories will boost up a new or established websites search engine rankings. Remember to submit, submit, and submit again to as many directories as possible.
8) Qualified visitors will find relevant information When users perform a search, often directories related to the search phrase appear at the top of the rankings. These sites are often visited and used to find relevant information. Why waste your advertising budget on places that are hard to locate on the web, when you can use free directories that have high rates traffic.
9) Less time to edit and approve listings Because many top directories receive hundreds of requests to be added into the directory it can take quite some time to have your request approved. New directories on the other hand are looking for as many new web sites to add to their directory as possible so the wait time is much shorter.
10) Directories help search engines gather information Directories are a great place to combine tons of useful information about websites in one convenient place. This makes it easier for web users to find what they are looking for on the web. It is like the Yellow Pages, but made for the internet. With so many web sites listed in the directories it can become a highly used factor for many web users' searches.